Withdraw paypal to bank

SOPHLIS
Contributor
Contributor
I have been a member if paypal since 2014 with about 250 purchases. I was sent money by a friend in a friends and family lodgement. It completed right away but when I withdrew to bank. It said it is estimated 2 hours now saying 3-4 working days. Any idea whatbis going on, and is not usually quicker if not a business sales transaction. Can anyone tell me.when.it.will be in. Cheers
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SOPHLIS

Oh dear, thats the 72 hour security hold that i was mentioning. Probably because its your first withdrawal to your bank account.

Unfortunately it tends to clear dead on 72 hours and not a minute before   Smiley Sad

Should be in your bank account then.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SOPHLIS

I think the 3-4 days is a glitch as that is the timescale in the US.

Normally UK withdrawals complete between 2-24 hours.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

SOPHLIS
Contributor
Contributor
Will that be the case even though, ive never sold before. All my transactions are purchases. But I thought with it being F and F payment it would be quicker.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SOPHLIS

A withdrawal is a withdrawal however it was sent in the first place.

The only difference is that the new seller hold does not happen with friends / family payments, but you are talking about withdrawals aren't you and not held funds in your paypal balance?

The only time you wait longer is if you get an email from paypal to say that a random 72 hour security hold has been placed on your withdrawal, if you don't get that then you ''should'' have your withdrawal in 24 hours.

Thats the norm, if it does not work that way then give customer services a call.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

SOPHLIS
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you Kernow, no email received so I expect it to go ahead as normal within 24 hours or at least by friday as need the funds.
Login to Me Too

SOPHLIS
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry to harrass you Kernow but I just noticed an email. It doesnt mention hold just says could take 72 hours to clear to my bank after my request. Money is pending paypal to bank on my summary. Is that held or just processing. Thank you
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SOPHLIS

Oh dear, thats the 72 hour security hold that i was mentioning. Probably because its your first withdrawal to your bank account.

Unfortunately it tends to clear dead on 72 hours and not a minute before   Smiley Sad

Should be in your bank account then.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

SOPHLIS
Contributor
Contributor
Really thats rubbish. Will it clear on weekends.
Login to Me Too

SOPHLIS
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass money cleared to bank. 24 hours not too bad.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.