Unknown direct debits

Adele86
New Community Member

On the 24th October I transferred £36 from my PayPal balance to my bank account. This shows on my activity on PayPal. However, on my bank statement it is showing as a direct debit PayPal of £35.40 and has actually been debited from my account. I actually have a few of these direct debit PayPal payment with number 679848. Can you tell me what these are? Has somebody hacked my account? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Adele86,

Welcome to the community forum.

When you add and confirm a bank account on your PayPal account you set up a direct debit with us in order to use your bank account as a funding option. This does not mean that any weekly or monthly amount is sent, only that we have an agreement with your bank in order to be able to charge you when you send a payment on PayPal.

It takes 2 - 3 working days for a direct debit payment to be charged to your bank account. What I would recommend is comparing the transactions on your bank account to the payments you have made with PayPal and allowing for that 2 - 3 working day difference.

If there was a payment made without your permission you can report this to us through your Resolution Centre and we will investigate.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.