Unable to add money from bank account to Paypal account.Hi, folks. Names Jay

narcotic_coma
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, folks. Name's Jay and I'm brand-new here, so be kind. 

I'm having a problem with adding money from My Barclays current account to My Paypal account. 

I haven't had a problem using My preferred 5-7 day Direct Debit way of adding funds before. 

All I want to add is £80.00, so.. not much really. 

But for the past 24 hours I keep getting a message bar on the funds transfer page telling Me that it can't be done. 

My card is registered, same as My personal details. 

(Profile is at 100%. Everything verified) 

I have no outstanding refunds or payments to be made. 

So I don't understand why I can't add and save some money in Paypal. 

Can one of you kind and knowledgeable ladies and/or gentlemen tell Me why I am having trouble? Many thanks.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@narcotic_coma

Is your bank account still showing in your paypal wallet?

You have not accidentally cancelled the direct debit mandate from your online banking have you?

If thats not the reason then paypal have been having some techie problems recently so a phone call to them may sort things.

However you do know that as a buyer you NEVER need funds in your paypal balance do you?

If you have a bank account / card linked then paypal will take directly from your funding source when you complete checkout.

The default funding source is your bank account but if you want to use a card instead you just click on change during the payment process and select a card instead.

When you pay paypal CREDIT the seller for you and then paypal wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

dragon988
Contributor
Contributor

I too have not been able to add any monies to my PAYPAL account since Sunday! I tried almost evey day and it keeps coming up with the same Server issue problem. Surely it doesnt take that long to fix this. I have money taken from my account so i can use Direct Direct, but cant add money. Any help to fix this would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too

narcotic_coma
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. That's exactly My problem. Having checked My PayPay and Barclays details all thoroughly, I'm guessing it must be a fault with PayPal/their app and website software. Hopefully they'll sort whatever is wrong, out soon.
Login to Me Too

narcotic_coma
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass.

Good evening.

Thank you very much for the assistance.
Sorry for the late reply. (Busy day and night!)

Just logged into My PP account and checked to see if My Barclays account shows in My wallet.
As well as make sure that the Direct Debit Mandate is unchanged.

Both seem fine and are showing as confirmed.
So I'm guessing that, like you said, it must be tech problems on PayPal's end.
I'll give it a day or so for them to sort things out.

Thanks again! Jay. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.