Transferring money to my bank account & currencies

NickA
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Two questions that I hope someone can answer...

1. I live in Belgium and have Euro as my primary currency.

I accept various currencies from users but I'm thinking about going to only Euro.

What implications will this have for my users? Will it be that they then pay the conversion rate from e.g Dollar to Euro?

For example if I ask 20€; they pay 25$ according to exchange rate at that time?

2. The biggest part of my money atm is in Dollar; should I wait transferring to my bank account until the Dollar goes up?

I saw that transferring to my bank account is free; but the dollar will probably then be converted to Euro; so I lose two times because if I had only supported Euro's then I would get the amount I asked for (20€) and not converted.

I hope it's a bit clear because my English isn't that good.

Best Regards,

Nick

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_lucy

Hey there,

I’d say there isn’t a lot of forum user that know the answer here as you are outside of the UK.

If a US buyer (USD) is making payment for an item in EURO then they will have to do the conversation. They can have PayPal or their card do it for them.

However if a customer sends payment through the send money tab and selects USD, the converting will be done on your side when you receive payment.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

NickA
Contributor
Contributor

No one?

I don't think my question was that special... 😕

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_lucy

Hey there,

I’d say there isn’t a lot of forum user that know the answer here as you are outside of the UK.

If a US buyer (USD) is making payment for an item in EURO then they will have to do the conversation. They can have PayPal or their card do it for them.

However if a customer sends payment through the send money tab and selects USD, the converting will be done on your side when you receive payment.

Login to Me Too

NickA
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the detailed info Lucy!

Just what I needed!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.