Paypal negative balance. Bank overdraft (LLOYDS)

badklaat
Contributor
Contributor

Some days ago I bought a couple of things from eBay and did not realised that i do not have enough money for purchasing on by bank account.

I thought okay, taking money from account may take two-free days so i can get my wage friday and everything is gonna be alright.

But no.

Paypal took money earlier. I saw that they took two amounts for the two purchased items (25 and 30 pounds) and at the same day I received the same amounts with discription like "returned DD". I logged into PayPal acc, there was a negative balance. Friday morning as soon as I can I sent some money to the PP acc to make a balance to zero. 

Next day I got a letter from my bank telling me that there was not enough money to make a next transactions, there was also something about overdraft and something about charges and so on.

Because of weekends i cant contact my bank to ask what should i do. 

As i understand  Paypal returned me money, not bank. And bank will make a charge from me because of overdraft. What kind of charges would be? I am afraid to drabble my credit history.

Thanks for any answers.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

voice
Contributor
Contributor

thats what happen to me today

i bought mobile phone on 22nd feb 2015 thinking that they will take money after 15 days

thats what they have send us email years ago saying will only take money after certain timme like 15 days and

they took money from my bank after 2 days and now overdraft who is going to pay overdraft Robot Frustrated i am not happy with paypal now

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Unless you are offered pay after delivery...........and it is not available on every transaction then payments can leave your bank account from 2 hours to 3 days later.

Not paypals fault you did not make sure you had the funds in your account when they requested them.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.