Paypa Withdrawal 72 hours!?!?

ChrisC78
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I am new to paypal so it may be the reason why this has happened. 

i recently sold my first 2 items on ebay, buyers paid instantly and funds were temporarily  held until buyer received and is happy with purchase.  i posted both items fully trackable and now the tracking information shows they are both delivered. Buyers also left me very good feedback. 

Paypal only released funds for 1 item, (funds are being released for the other item tomorrow)  so i make a withdrawal request to be told it will take up to 72 hours? 3DAYS!!! I am shocked, i cant understand why i cant have instant access to MY money. i was relying on that for the weekend. 

And once the rest of the funds become avalible shall i make another withdrawal request, is that wise? or should i wait?

has anyone had any experience with this? will it reallly take 72 hours? 

thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As per the user agreement the 2 hour timeframe for withdrawals is not guaranteed and can take up to 72 hours.

HOWEVER that should not be a regular thing as it is normally a random security check which we all get every now and then.

May be cus you are new the security system kicked in a bit quick. 

Also from experience if you have had an email to say it will be 72 hours then it will be "dead on" 72 hours when released.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ChrisC78
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks,

It was released exactly on the 72nd hour! However made another withdrawal and that is now 72 hours! all wityhdrwals requested have been for items that i sold, with full tracking information AND I have received positive feedback for them. 

This is a joke, is every withdrawal going to be 72 hours? i could understand if i was trying to withdraw money before buyer receives item but that is not the case!

annoyed 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.