PayPal : Blocking transfers

ChrisP001
New Community Member

Dear All

Using PayPal for years, transferring funds from my PC and mobile to our business bank.  No problems, within a few minutes’ funds are there.

Two days ago I got a "Pending” Status on a withdrawal stating funds can take up to 72hours.  Why!

Well calling PayPal Support, they just read out a prepared script "It can take up to 72 Hours - see the agreement" so I just asked Why? Same reply, so I got annoyed.

I have had "On-Hold" due to security concerns, which I understand and support.  I transferred many transfers and was blocked “On-Hold” every time but was resolved over the phone as they returned the funds back to PayPal Balance.  "Pending" is different - err No!  It is blocking while investigating.  Why then is it taking up to 72h to transfer when there is no reason.  Also any further transfers are blocked as well to any bank setup on my PayPal account - so I am being totally blocked.

I would not accept the script "funds can take up to 72hours" and asked repeatedly why?

Eventually I got hold of someone who said in fact it is on “Pending for 48h”.  Over the course of a day, I still had no clear answer and if it was for security why was it not on Hold.  So what is "Pending"?

Well it is a soft block because of security concerns.  I found out that this can occur when someone access PayPal from another IP Address.  But I use my PC and Mobile that had not changed numbers.  After more badgering, I get the answer that when I upgraded my iPhone 6 Plus to iPhone X, as soon as I used it I was marked as security blocked. SO it was my mobile upgrade, even though it has the same SIM and Phone number it caused the marker blocking funds being transferred. You cannot even verify the mobile because it only verifies a changed number and my number did not change!

I had a large amount of "Cleared Funds" building up in PayPal, so "Sheila - Customer Service Payments" said to transfer it as my first transfer had been released, but guess what - that is now "Pending".  Too soon to transfer? I tried an hour later and "IT WORKED STRAIGHT AWAY".  So thinking it was ok, I tried again on another amount and now that is "Pending".

Calling back I got "Jeff - Payments and Securities" who would not listen, wanted to send me an email with the "Script about 72 hours" so I asked him to put me through to a manager.  He said "I will request that and can take 72 Hours for them to get back to me".  JOKE!  I am not laughing and I bet many of you are the same!

This is affecting my business (paying suppliers / wages etc.). PayPal is handling it so wrong by not telling me the real reason why it is "Pending" when it was clearly a security issue and that there is nothing I can find that if you upgrade your mobile phone but use the same SIM and number you are technically "BLOCKED".  I do not even know how to clear this in the future.  WorldPay is now being looked into as an alternative to PayPal.

I am putting an official complaint against "Jeff" who should not be in a customer support position.  PayPal should not describe this as "Not Blocking" as it leaves your PayPal Account (£0.00) and is not in your Bank (£0.00) so is in fact a delay tactic to investigate.  But do they?  48h hours to the minute as told to me by customer services, the first blocked amount was cleared.  All the rest remain “Pending”.  So it is automated!

Why is this so difficult and "NOT TRANSPARENT".  I agree with security but this is Wrong!

Anyone else had the issue?

Chris

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChrisP001

We all get the odd random security 72 hour hold every now and again.

As paypal credit you the funds when a buyer pays and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from the buyers bank then i reckon if you sometimes withdraw as soon as a buyer pays you get the hold until the buyers payment from their funding source has played 'catch up'.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.