Negative balance was corrected but PayPal is still re-attempting direct debits.

freakwaves
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am recieving multiple emails titled "You recently attempted to transfer funds from your bank account to your PayPal account" the ammounts seem to relate to 4 failed direct debit transfers from my bank account from the 6th. The failed payments led to a negative paypal balance that was corrected on the 10th, so I can't understand why this is happening again... my bank will charge me again for these failed direct debits.

To add insult to injury I used credit card as the original method of payment and it was a problem with that company (not lack of funds) caused the original payments to be declined, leading to using direct debit as fallback - cue £100 in charges, followed by another £100 today (more than the value of all the payments combined).

How can I make sure paypal wont retry these direct debits again? I've been keeping a close eye on my account and saw nothing relating to these pending transfers.

S

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you pay for an item and there are no funds in your bank account etc then paypal will put your account in negative but try again a few days later.

Then if that fails again they try the back up card you have listed on paypal instead.

Only after that will they email you to sort out the neg deficit. 

So at the moment they are still trying to take the funds (or were) from your bank account.

A quick call to customer services should sort it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.