Money

infiniteflight
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I sent my friend money and I wanted it back he ended up sending it to the wrong email, of course neither of us have the money can he get the money back from the wrong email to give it to me?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@infiniteflight

If you added and verified that incorrect email address to your paypal account then the funds would come with it.

If they don't then its one of two reasons.

1. Buyer or sender has already used the cancel option and cancelled the payment before you claimed it.

2. It was in another currency.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@infiniteflight

Depends if someone actually owns that 'wrong' email and the payment has completed through to them.

Why did he not use the 'refund' option when it would have automatically gone back to you?

You need to ask him what it says next to the transaction in his paypal account.

1. Unclaimed.

2. Unclaimed with a cancel option.

3. Completed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

infiniteflight
Contributor
Contributor
The thing is it was an unregistered email before the payment was sent to the email then I opened it with that email to see if it was there?
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@infiniteflight

If you added and verified that incorrect email address to your paypal account then the funds would come with it.

If they don't then its one of two reasons.

1. Buyer or sender has already used the cancel option and cancelled the payment before you claimed it.

2. It was in another currency.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.