Money not showing up on pay pal account

baldy456
Contributor
Contributor

I transferred money to my pay pal account from my bank account on Friday evening, its now Monday evening and the money is still not showing up in my account. I have transferred money many times from this account and it never takes this long, the money has been deducted from my bank account by not added to my pay pal account. I understand the money could take a few working days to transfer but it usually only takes a few hours, some times is instant.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Transfer times vary from 2 hours to 4 days or even longer in some cases as there are many things that are happening behind the scenes.  You have PayPal who hands off the request to another service which in turn then contacts your bank.  As the transfers are done in batches, times can vary.  We average 2 days once in a while it takes 3.  Unfortunately there's no guarantees that everytime you do a transfer you will get the same results.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Average 5-7 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Transfer times vary from 2 hours to 4 days or even longer in some cases as there are many things that are happening behind the scenes.  You have PayPal who hands off the request to another service which in turn then contacts your bank.  As the transfers are done in batches, times can vary.  We average 2 days once in a while it takes 3.  Unfortunately there's no guarantees that everytime you do a transfer you will get the same results.

Login to Me Too

baldy456
Contributor
Contributor

I see, I'm probably being a little impatient, I didn't think of what went on in the background once the money is taken from my account. Thanks for clearing it up, hopefully it doesn't take too much longer.

Login to Me Too

AngryBird
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. Transferred from my bank account to paypal on Sat 1st. Its now Wed 5th and my paypal account isn't showing the funds. I've checked the paypal help guides which clearly states:

If you want to move money yourself:

• Under 'You move money from your bank account', click Continue
  • Make a note of the payment details (in red) and log in to your online banking (or visit your bank in person) to make a payment to your PayPal account
  • Your money will arrive in your PayPal account within a few minutes. We'll email you when it arrives

I've never had to wait this long before. Very frustrating as I want to put it back into my bank account to avoid bank charges but I cant!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.