I Keep Getting A Error When I Try To Add My New Bank Card.

JFrancis
New Community Member

I keep getting this error:

Card Number: You have entered an invalid or partial credit or debit card number. Please check your entry and try again.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_david

Hi there JFrancis,

Firstly, can I ask what web browser you are using when trying to register a credit/debit card on your PayPal account? If you are using Google Chrome or Opera this could be resulting in the error messages that you are receiving on the website.

Have you also tried to register your card as one big 16 digit number and not like this 0000 0000 0000 0000? If you put spaces as it shows on your card, this would also not be accepted by our system.

If you are still facing difficulties, you could try clearing your temporary internet files and then trying to restart your computer. By doing this, it could also assist you in registering your card without any difficulties.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

Geeep89

I'm having this same problem. I've tried to add a new card/ bank account (as i closed my old one which was originally linked) but when i put the sort code/ account number in - paypal always picks up the old card.

So even though ive put in my bank details for Natwest (and it recognises it as so on the inital page) when it takes me through to confirm the card number it will only show me my old card number (which was with santander). I've tried doing this on different browsers with no effect.

Any help!?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.