Have Paypal resolved their withdrawal problems

waysidegirl
Contributor
Contributor

I have been unable to transfer money to my bank account as Paypal have had a problem. When speaking to customer services they asked me to wait until I heard from them before trying again, but it may take 72hrs.

Since there do not seem to be many posts on the forum regarding this I was wondering if the problem has been resolved.

Can anyone tell me as I would like to transfer my money asap.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Andibid1
Contributor
Contributor

e it this is to your bank account?

In simple terms, no.

Read the withdraw funds experiment post

Basically the 'pending' is a system hold at their discretion. I spoke to Robert today at PayPal, he told me that if I withdraw in a few days he can guarentee I wont have a hold after having 5 or so 24/72hr  pholds in 3 days

If you hover on pending it says

Your withdrawal request is awaiting release for final processing, pending review by PayPal.

Basically the system holds it, pending review - but the email you are sent when you ask to withdraw will say that if you are subject to review it will take longer than the time stated.

It is appaling but it all adds up to a lot of interest in their bank account by holding everybodys funds.

Sorry cant be more help, I will keep updating my topics on this as I am not happy if it continues. It is my money that they hold for me as a financial institution, after all, Would we put up with a cash machine saying it has taken the money out of your account so you cant spend it but you cant have it yet - come back in 72 hours and I will dispense it to you.

I do not believe they comply with their own t and c's or the financial services legal agreements they are bound by.

If you want to see what they are holding your money for, why you are being reviewed, look at my post and scroll to the terms section 9.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Adding-and-withdrawing-money/WITHDRAW-FUNDS-EXPERIMENT-PENDING-W...

Login to Me Too

waysidegirl
Contributor
Contributor

This is not the same problem. I am refering to Paypal being unable to perform the transfer, their system was reversing the transaction within minuets saying your bank has refused the transaction, however it had never got as far as the bank, it is Paypals system that is cancelling the transaction.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.