Completed Withdrawal not showing in Bank Account After 9 Days !

iq101
Contributor
Contributor

I am looking for help here as I am coming up to the August bank holiday with no money in my bank account 😞

I made a withdrawal from my PayPal account on Tuesday 13th August - 9 days ago.

The transaction COMPLETED immediately.  So there was no "pending" withdrawal or holding for review.

Ordinarily the money would hit my bank account almost instantly i.e. well within the 2 hours quoted.

But nine days later - NOTHING !

So the money has gone from my PayPal account and is not in my bank account.

WHAT DO I DO !!!!

I have contacted my bank who can find no sign of the funds and have instructed me to get PayPal to do a "forward trace" to prove that they have sent it.

PayPal, meanwhile, have told me the money has been sent and they won't do a forward trace until 14 days have elapsed.

Why not?

What am I missing here?

What on earth can I do to get my money?

What have people done in the past who have had this problem?

I am on this community board to try and get some help as I am tearing my hair out.   Please can somebody help me - fellow users or moderators.

Login to Me Too
26 REPLIES 26

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry but nothing we can add here unfortunately.

Can you go to profile tab in your paypal account > click on bank account and make sure the account info is still all correct.

If it is then you have to wait out the 14 days for paypal to start a trace as the money may still show up in that time.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

iq101
Contributor
Contributor

Yes all my account details were correct.  Have even done a test by sending a small amount to my account and - of course - it showed up within minutes.

But my earlier withdrawal has now been missing for 9 days with the bank and PayPal sending me back and forth.

When I think of how much money PayPal have made out of me over the years in terms of fees and foreign currency loading transactions, I am staggered at the lack of support when I need them.

Realistically, what are the chances of it turning up today or Friday?   Anyone waited 10 days for a completed transaction to arrive? 

Login to Me Too

iq101
Contributor
Contributor

I had given up all hope of getting this money before the 14 day window for a "forward trace" but  it looks like it has finally arrived !!!!

But, whilst a relief, what an awful 10 day period this has been.  Having to constantly check my account and being dismayed to see nothing there.  No answers from either my bank or PayPal with each blaming the other.

And I still don't know what went wrong ! 

I sympathise with those who have to wait 72 hours for a pending withdrawal to be reviewed, but spare a thought for those of us who get a "Completed" withdrawal confirmed but don't see the funds within the "2 hours".....or "2-3 days" or "4-5 days" or even "7 days".......

I'd like to say all's well that end's well but I can't bring myself to go that far.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

So glad it worked out for you but it should not have happened and must have given you a lot of worry.

Have a gr8 BH weekend.....i have to work!!

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

pharoahmanda
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here, its now been 11 days, did you get the money in the end, its now very worrying, after 10 years of using PP I have to say I have serious concerns.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you read the end of the first sentence of that persons post you will see she said that is finally arrived.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nikkoquilo
New Community Member

Complete status means we have processed your withdrawal. It still may take your bank several days to make the money available in your bank account.

If there is a problem with your withdrawal, it may take up to one week for your bank to notify us. We’ll alert you by email if we learn of any problems processing your withdrawal.

If the bank denies the transfer and returns the money to your PayPal account, you’ll be notified by email and charged a return fee.

Login to Me Too

ludlow67
New Community Member

I've sent two separate payments to my bank account today, both showing as pending.  As all my other transactions previously have completed perfectly, what is going wrong today?

PayPal - have you got a problem you are not disclosing?  I need this money for my wife's birthday present which I should be collecting tomorrow.  Now what do I do?  Sorry dear you cannot have your present for 14 days because PayPal is not working?

Login to Me Too

noxiousdesign

I am having the same issue, never had this problem in last 6 years. Waited more than 10 days for the money to be withdrawal, I have emailed paypal, and they just back the money to my paypal account. I have sent/withdrawal some small ammount of money now again to my bank account, and will see what will happen. I really dont know whats the problem with this, I am in mess too.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.