Can't withdraw funds after 21 days...

grungekid
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I'm really confused - I wondered if anyone would be able to help me...

As I am fairly new to ebay and Paypal, the 21 days holding of funds applies to my account. It has now been 21 days since I sold an item on ebay and received the money, yet it still shows as Pending and Paypal won't let me withdraw it... why is this? Do I need to contact paypal directly? I don't understand...

Cheers!

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

rx7boy05
New Community Member

I am completely infuriated with this policy! After going back in forth with ebay and the buyer, I recieved my payment 5 days late only to find out PayPal still wont release my funds for 3 weeks!... I was under the assumption that , thats why they made me enter a second credit card to insure any returns as part of the buyer protection policy. Furthermore there should be a obvious forewarning for something as serious as a 3 week wait to be able to access your funds, instead they wait until after they have (immediately) taken there 2.9% to tell you , that you have to wait for your portion...I seriously cant believe this, I was already at my wits end about this transaction and expected and need to have my cash avaliable now, Ive had my paypal since 2006 and have never had a problem paying for anything Ive purchased..I cant begin to explain my frustration 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As a new seller everyone goes through the hold, every seller on ebay has gone through it.

You rarely have to wait 21 days as per link below.

http://sellerupdate.ebay.co.uk/autumn2013/changes-payment-holds

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rayhotchin
New Community Member

I am all so compleatly discusted with Ebay and PayPal about holding my seller funds for 21 days. I have been a good customer to both over the past year or so and in return they have treated me like scum and they have not even got the decency to answer Emails or messages i have sent them and in seems they are a law to them selfs because this holding of funds can not be legal. I did every thing that was asked i sent the item out straight away by fist class signed for  and put up tracking information and the buyer recived the item the next day and was very happy with the item and left me good feedback so why hold my money for 21 days there is no reason to because what can go wrong the only reason i can see is paypal & EBay get interest on all the money they are holding.I have not bought an item since and will never again sell on EBAY it is just not worth it and by the sounds of  EBay & PayPal are biting the hands that feed them ??   ( Big mistake EBay & PayPal ) hang your heads in shame !!    PS, " If **bleep** Turpin was a live to day he would be proud of you !!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you read the user agreement that YOU agreed to you will see it is legal.

Its the new seller hold and every ebay seller has been through it myself included.

Most understand as it is for buyer protection and weeds out POOR SELLERS.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.