Can I raise withdrawal limit without SSN or US credit card

jp666xx
New Community Member

I am a UK citizen but I own a vacation home in the US. I have a US paypal account which is linked to my US address and my US bank account so Paypal have been able to verify who I am. My problem is that because I cant provide an SSN number or a US issued credit card PP wont lift my withdrawal limit of $500. My rental income goes through the account so this causes me real problems at only being able to access such a small amount. I have written toPP twice asking if theres a way around this...Im happy to send them passport details, utility bills etc but I just get an automated response saying I need to provide an SSN or card linked to my US bank (I dont have any cards from my US bank). Can anyone help? Is there a way around this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Call and speak with them direct.  Calling is a challenge but, you need to speak with a person.  (Many times they do ask for a copy of a Utility bill, kind of surprised they did not ask you for that.)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.