Bank Account First Name

averzosa
Contributor
Contributor

Hello can someone help me?

I have input a new Bank Account on my Paypal and attempted to transfer from Paypal, basically withdrawing money from Paypal to transfer it into the newly-made Bank Account. Unfortunately I had realized that due to the automated feature of Paypal inputing my first name, the site had refreshed when I input my first name from the Bank Account statement which should've included my middle name. Basically the first name listed on my Bank Account statement should include my middle name, but due to Paypal refreshing when I had input this, it changed it back to simply my first name without the middle name.

Is it possible for the Bank Account confirmation to still go through while only having my first name? Or will this be considered a mistake due to the missing middle name? If my Bank Account confirmation and money transfer are retracted/denied because of this, then I'd be very disappointed that such a thing could happen due to a faulty nature on the Paypal website. 😞

EDIT

So I read up on the Paypal FAQ and it says that the only way to change the name is to delete the Bank Account and add a new one after the confirmation has completed. If I remove the Bank Account, will I still get charged for withdrawing money?

NOTE: My first name matches with my first name on my Paypal account, so there's no problem there. But my Bank Account Statement includes my middle name after my first name, so I'm not sure if this will cause an issue with the Bank Account registry/confirmation as well as the money withdrawal.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

averzosa
Contributor
Contributor

I have finally resolved the issue. It seems that the bank has accepted the deposits even with simply the first name. At that point I was finally able to confirm the amount required in order to verify my bank account here on Paypal.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Normally the names must match, else the transaction fails.  If the transaction fails, nothing happens other than getting a notice it did not go thru.  Note, sometimes it's not an issue with middle names, that just depends on your bank's policies.

If you plan to start over by removing your account and re-adding, you will need to contact customer support for assistance as PayPal's internal system security won't let you do it yourself.

Login to Me Too

averzosa
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the answer!

Wait, but doesn't the Paypal FAQ claim that I can simply add/remove Bank Accounts once they've gone through? Or is there something else I don't know about that will prevent me from simply removing the Bank Account without contacting Customer Support?

Login to Me Too
Solved

averzosa
Contributor
Contributor

I have finally resolved the issue. It seems that the bank has accepted the deposits even with simply the first name. At that point I was finally able to confirm the amount required in order to verify my bank account here on Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.