verification of email address

abbie63
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I used to use a different email address for my paypal transaction but the account was compromised so was advised to change my email account which I did. I cancelled my old account also. I have been selling items on ebay the last 2 weeks and everything was going very smoothly until the last 4 items I sold. Unbeknown to me and after a long time trying to find out what happened, I was told that the payments were made into paypal on my old email address.  Once again after several hours I was told to either add my old email address back on to paypal or contact all buyers and ask them to cancel thier payments and repay me on the opened account.

Today I have re added my old account and went into my account to verify it. Alas there was no emails from Servicesatpaypal in my account even though a message had popped up telling me there was. I have added paypal as a contact but still no email.

Is there anything else that I can do to try and get my money so I can send out the items sold.

Many thanks in advance for any replies

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

1. Check your spam folder as they often go in there.

2. You need to double check the email addy in the paypal box in the payments section each time you list an item for sale, as although when you first change it it should default to that thereafter it has been known to go back to the old one. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

abbie63
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked my blocked list and paypal is not in there and my spam. I have had another email from Paypal with no problems just not getting the Service  paypal.

I think I have realised now that the email on my Ebay went back to my old account. I am going to have to check each listing from now on. It's Just a pain now because I can't verify my email account. I have been chatting to my email provider for 2 hours now trying to find out why I am not getting certain emails. Not getting anything from them either.

Oh well back to the drawring board for me :o(

Many thanks again for the advice

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.