debit card refused

theo_gr
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot add my Visa Debit Card from Lloyds Bank in the UK. What is the problem? I have read that paypal do accept debits card and mine is an english one. So where is the problem?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No idea but a suggestion.

Have you ever had that card attached to another account even if closed?

If not then contact customer services and see what the problem is.

Click on the words "Contact us" at the bottom of paypal pages > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

theo_gr
Contributor
Contributor

Yes i have alredy used the same debit card to other accounts on Internet and everything works just fine!!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

No i meant another PAYPAL ACCOUNT.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

theo_gr
Contributor
Contributor

Ohhh i'm sorry about misunderstanding your question...And actually no...this is my first paypal account with this particular debit card.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

That is very odd then.

I have no idea why its not accepting it, and think you will need to contact customer services on this one.

Click on the words "Contact us" at the bottom of paypal pages > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.