blank emails

stevvieboi
Contributor
Contributor

anyone else getting emails from paypal that are blank, get the notification emails that they are going to be deducting x amout, but when i open them, its blank, any ideas anyone, not that long ago it started happening

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Paelavong003
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi Stevvieboi,

Here's additional information that may help you spot a fake email right away. Many Spoof emails will begin with a general greeting of "Dear PayPal User" rather than your first and last name.
Also, a PayPal email will NEVER ask you for any of the following:

• Bank account numbers

• Credit or debit card numbers

• Email addresses

• Your full name

• Your password, or answers to your PayPal account security questions

Always check for attachments. We'll never send an attachment or software updates to install on your computer. In fact, most Spoof emails will present you with a situation that tries to provoke you into immediate action this is called "scare tactics" - and usually recommends that you click on a link or download a form in the same email to dispute a transaction or provide the requested information as soon as possible.
You can protect yourself by ignoring the Spoof altogether. Vigilance is the best line of defense. Whenever you receive a suspicious email that claims to be from PayPal please forward the email to spoof@paypal.com and then delete it from your mailbox.

I hope this information helps. I had a great time talking to you. Have a great day!
Yours sincerely,
Paelavong
Login to Me Too

Barucan
New Community Member
I called PayPal, which had me on hold for almost 30 minutes. Finally found something on the internet on how to reach someone. Spoke with two separate people on two separate days who kept telling me the same thing, the transaction process and email wasn’t verified (which didn’t explain the blank accept money emails, but able to see the content cancelled money emails) in then end, she said “we didn’t tell you to make those transactions” and “PayPal is open until midnight” and “I can connect you to IT but it won’t change the outcome of your situation” so I pretty much called customer service so they could tell me that it was my fault for not calling them. Clearly sounds like these blank emails are an issue that needs to be dealt with and not to just be blamed on spoof emails.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.