We’re sorry. This card can't be linked to any more PayPal accounts. Please link a different card.

paul12345
Contributor
Contributor

So I tried to add a Mastercard to my Wallet but received the message contained in the Subject line.
Pinged Paypal (Singapore, as I live here) and they called me back within 24 hours (well done).

The card cannot be added because my it is a joint credit card and my wife has already added her to her PP account. I guess it shares the same long number.
I'm left scratching my head on this one for the following reasons:

- We already have another joint credit card listed on each of our accounts. They said it has slipped through the system. However, we've been with PP for years and this is the FIRST time I've experienced this issue. Is it new??

- From a consumer perspective, this doesn't make sense. Surely a HUGE number of credit cards globally are held jointly between partners. 

Yes, I would understand the system not allowing one credit card to be linked to MULTIPLE i.e. 3+ accounts, but one CC linked to two? Like I said, scratching my head. Any insight, guidance, qualification, further reading, similar experiences... would be good to know. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hey Paul12345.

Welcome to the Community!

It will not be possible to have a card with the same card number active on two different PayPal accounts at the same time. 

If possible, you should try adding a different card to your PayPal account to help with being able to send payments through PayPal. 

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.