Paypal Registered Me in the Wrong Country?

AngieRoselli
New Community Member

So I went to create a Paypal Business Account, and I input all of my information (American Phone Number, American Address, zip code, nationality, US Dollar currency, everything clarifying that I am from the United States) and yet when it showed that I was registered, it displayed the correct address, all except for the country - which said Ireland.

I am not from Ireland, and I know that you can't change the country when you create your account, so I closed the account (since it's new and I haven't done business yet) and went through the process again, double and triple checking that everything was filled out correctly.

I got my confirmation, but again it states that I am from Ireland. American zip code, address, phone number, everything makes it clear that I am from the US, except for the, 'Ireland,' that is displayed under my address. Can anyone please help me figure out what is going awry and how to fix this, because that literally the only flaw and it doesn't even make sense considering that all of my information is distinctly American/ US, and yet it registers me from Ireland.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AngieRoselli

On the VERY first page after clicking on register is a drop down box to select your country, did you actually select the U.S.A?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.