Unable to withdraw money from account.

ichbinjonny
Contributor
Contributor

So I'm new to Paypal and I have no idea what I'm doing. I recently sold something on Facebook and noticed that several people recommended using Paypal because it's safer and they live too far away to pick the item up. 

I set an account up and proceeded with the transaction with a customer on Facebook. I was told that I could transfer money from Paypal into my bank, so that is what I intended to do. I was told I needed to wait up to 21 days, however, it's given me a date for this coming Monday. I do have money in from the postage purchase so I tried to transfer that over, only to be told I needed to link my bank account, which I thought I already had. So, I entered my bank details and got a message about the bank account already being registered.

So I rang a relative and they said I needed to verify my card and showed me how to do it, but obviously that took a few days too. Now it has completed, I tried to withdraw the few pounds funds into my bank to test if it was finally possible. But again it tells me I need to link my bank account! So I enter the details again only to get the same message about the account already being linked, reading "We're sorry, that bank is already linked to the maximum number of PayPal accounts."

I'm getting a bit impatient now because the whole reason I got round to selling the item in the first place is because I need the financial help until next payday.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ichbinjonny

Do you have your bank account linked to more than one paypal account?

Do you have more than one paypal account.

Are you adding a UK bank account to a Uk paypal account?

Have you imputted the 4 digit code sent to your bank statement?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ichbinjonny

Do you have your bank account linked to more than one paypal account?

Do you have more than one paypal account.

Are you adding a UK bank account to a Uk paypal account?

Have you imputted the 4 digit code sent to your bank statement?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.