Linking USA bank account to UK PayPal

bmuzik
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I've read several posts on this forum from people who have linked their USA bank account ot their UK PayPal account. All of the posts recommend calling PayPal Customer Service to accomplish this as it is not possible to manually add a USA bank account via the PayPal UK interface.

I called PayPal customer support several times and each time a different rep told me that it was impossible to link a USA bank account to a UK PayPal account.

Can someone please help? I've jumped through endless hoops to get a USA bank account just for this reason.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bmuzik

The reps you spoke to are stupid, US residents (as long as you are a US resident temporarily in another country)  are the only people that CAN add their US bank account to other countries paypal accounts.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

and under UK you can clearly see on the BOTTOM LINE >>>

Select a country or region to find out about PayPal’s offerings:

Select a country or region

Send: Send funds without sharing your financial information.
  • Mastercard
  • Maestro
  • Visa
  • Visa Electron
  • American Express
  • Discover
  • Direct Debit
Receive: Receive funds quickly from anyone with an email address in the 203 countries and regions that accept PayPal.
  • Mastercard
  • Maestro
  • Visa
  • Visa Electron
  • American Express
  • Discover
  • Direct Debit
  • Discover
  • Express Checkout
  • Giropay
Withdraw: Withdraw funds from your PayPal account:
  • To your local bank account.
  • For faster withdrawal to your local bank account.
  • To your US bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bmuzik
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass - thank you for your quick response. I'm a UK citizen wanting to add a USA bank account to my UK PayPal. From what I understand you've just written, that is not possible for me as a UK citizen - only possible for US citizens.

Is there no other way around this?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bmuzik

Sorry but yes, you have to be a US citizen working or staying in the UK .

If you are a UK resident then don't think you can.     Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bmuzik
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass - I did it. My USa bank account is not linked to my UK PayPal account. 

In the end, I had to call PayPal Business Support to make it happen, so maybe this is only available to business PayPal accounts. Not sure, but it works now.

Login to Me Too

Curtis91
Contributor
Contributor

Is it possible to link your UK bank account to a US paypal? Would anyone know?

Regards

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.