Changing debit card address and getting my account back

neilf1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I recently moved house and therefore changed my debit card's billing address. But Paypal's system wouldn't let me assign the new address to my debit card. So I deleted the debit card and tried to add it back again with the new address,

but the Paypal system wouldn't let me do that either.

I called Paypal, and they said it might be a problem with my bank. I called my bank and by mistake they had failed to change my address, but now they have changed it.

I still couldn't change the card address at Paypal. I called Paypal again and got a recorded message saying they don't have an account linked to the number I was calling from, which is actually the number on my Paypal account. This means it's now impossible for me to reach them on the phone.

Then I tried to login online, but they wouldn't let me.

It seems they have limited or closed my account.

I am not a seller - I only use Paypal for buying things.

Please can someone advise on what I should do next to get my Paypal account

running properly again.

Many thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Anna

Hi neilf1,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m very sorry to hear this.

Are you getting any error message? Usually, when a card gets declined it means that the bank is not allowing the temporary authorisation charge. I would recommend you ensuring that the card is enabled for online and international payments and that you have sufficient funds in the card/bank account’s balance. It would also be recommended to try adding and verifying the card via your PayPal Wallet before initiating the payment.

Regrettably we can’t see your account but we also provide support via Social Media. You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it will get resolved soon.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.