Changing account name to initials

Muffinface
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there everyone,

I just have a quick question about name changes. I'm looking to change my account's first name to my initial, for privacy and personal identity reasons, so that anyone I deal with via PayPal does not see my first name.

For example if my name was Rebecca Smith - I would like to change it to R. Smith.

I've dealt with people on here whose contact names have been initials so I thought it would be worth asking about.

Is this at all possible or would I have to make a completely new account? I'm a bit reluctant to do that as I've had this account for what must be ten years or so.

Many thanks. 🙂

Muffin

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Sophie

Hi Muffinface,

Happy to answer this one for you 🙂

We would not generally be able to update your name to an initial, particularly if it has already been registered in the correct format with us previously.

PayPal do operate under a banking licence within the EU, so in keeping with this, we require our customers to be registered with us in their correct, legal names. For this reason, it would not be possible for us to adjust your name to an initial, I'm afraid.

Hope this explains it,

Sophie

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Sophie

Hi Muffinface,

Happy to answer this one for you 🙂

We would not generally be able to update your name to an initial, particularly if it has already been registered in the correct format with us previously.

PayPal do operate under a banking licence within the EU, so in keeping with this, we require our customers to be registered with us in their correct, legal names. For this reason, it would not be possible for us to adjust your name to an initial, I'm afraid.

Hope this explains it,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Muffinface
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Sophie,

Okay, that's unfortunate. I'll just have to make another account. Thank you very much for your help. 🙂

Muffin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.