Changing Bank Account country location not in US

mark_mark1
Contributor
Contributor

I want to add my bank details in my new PP account.  However it automatically selects United States. Neither I nor my business is in US, its in UAE, but when trying to complete bank details it automatically comes up as United States? How do i change it so that i can add my UAE, Dubai account?

Thanks Mark

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mark_mark1

Paypal is a U.S company so it allows its ex-pats to add their U.S bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts if they are working or living in that country.

The U.S bank account option is not for residents of that country who are not ex-pats.

In your country you can only withdraw funds to a card and not a bank account which is why you are not given the option to add a local bank account.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mark_mark1
Contributor
Contributor

No.....this is not working.  I click on the link you have given, i select the country i want my money paid in to, it then asks me to register, (i alrady have an account), then i sign in and it retrins back to United States............. So no its not workling and hasnt resolved what i want.. Shal i delete and not bother???? Shall i delete the acount and start all over again??

Login to Me Too

mark_mark1
Contributor
Contributor

Can PP come back to my request? I need to resolve this asap.

Mark 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi mark_mark1,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Within the UAE you cannot add a local bank account, it will revert to the US. You can add and confirm a Visa or Mastercard in order to fund payments or withdraw funds.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

mark_mark1
Contributor
Contributor

Ok thanks.  However i do not have a US back account either?  I have a business in Costa Rica, i live in UAE, i would like to have payments come to my uae account, but people feel more confident in paying into PP.  How can i go about this.

Mark 

Login to Me Too

mark_mark1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi PayPal, can someone address my query above.

Thanks

Mark 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi mark_mark1,

I'm sorry but we cannot adjust a PayPal Account to allow you to add a local bank account. This is due to country restrictions. The options provided in my previous message are the only available funding sources.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.