CAN'T ADD A PNC BANK ACCOUNT

JENNY844
Contributor
Contributor

I have been trying to add my PNC checking account for days with no success.  It automatically logged in to PNC account and I chose the checking account, then I got an error message.  I also tried manually entering the routing and account number and keep getting a message to try again later.  I contacted PayPal customer service 3 times and to say the least they are incompetent.  They first tried to tell me that I have a virtual bank account, which it is not.  When I contacted them again, they told me direct debit was being blocked and to contact my bank.  I contacted the bank and they said there was not a block on direct debits, which I knew because I have direct debits set up to come out of this account already.  Contacted Paypal for a third time and they told me that I couldn't use an "online bank".  PNC is not an online bank, they have physical locations everywhere.  I even tried closing my Paypal account and opening a new account, same problem.  HELP!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JENNY844

Paypal don't accept all banks, whether physical or online doesn't matter, if they say they won't accept the bank there is not a lot you can do about it.    Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JENNY844
Contributor
Contributor

I called the PayPal customer service phone number and sat on hold forever, but finally got a US customer service rep that told me that there are issues with adding Ohio PNC bank accounts.  You have to answer some security questions and then PayPal can change something in their system so I will be able to add my Ohio PNC account.  I have to call back in 48 hours because I did not answer enough of the very random public record security questions correctly.  At least this PayPal rep was able to help me and not give me incorrect information like the "outsourced" reps that answer questions sent to their online message center.  I will update on Monday if I get the issue completely resolved.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.