Bank account won't confirm. Waiting on a year now. Help???

Miss-Ponn
Contributor
Contributor

Basically a year ago I created a paypal account so people could purchase art from me. It was going smoothly for a while I had no problems with paypal at all. Once I turned 19 however, they insisted I was underage. But how? I signed up just after my 18th birthday. So, they closed my account.

I called them up, wanted an explanation, I gave them proof of my age and identity but still insisted I created the account underage. No way. So they told me to make a new account, under a new email. I did this, started to link my bank account and  card, waited for them to confirm. Bank account easily linked up (still is) BUT the card will not. No matter what I do I cannot use my card online at all now. So things I want to buy I can't because paypal messed it up.

I don't understand why they can link my bank, but not my card? This is seriously effecting my art business as well. I can't help out friends either because anything that's buyable online is pretty much paypal only (I'm so happy amazon isn't this way!) Which isn't even fair.

I've sent in multiple cases reguarding my identity, passports, bank statements. EVERYTHING they've asked for and I just, Nothing seems to work.

So please, tell me what I'm supposed to do? I've called paypal over 20 times now (I'm not even exaggerating) and all they've said is the same thing. I've had enough, it's disgusting. I'm wasting money talking to them on the phone and half of them don't even know what they're doing.

Cat Mad

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Sadly there's not much that can be done to resolve your issue here.  We are a member to member help group, we are not customer support nor PayPal employees.  You can try another approach by reaching out to PayPal through Twitter @AskPayPal or via Private Message on their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PayPal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.