Adding a card to my PayPal account

Talullah
Contributor
Contributor

The credit card I had linked to my PayPal account has expired. I have received an email from PayPal saying that I need to add another debit or credit card. I have tried to do this. I am currently living in France but use a UK bank account for PayPal, and I want to add my debit card from that account. The UK bank account is registered to my address in France, and that is the address to which my bank statements are sent. However, my PayPal account will only give me the option of having my old address in the UK. I have used PayPal several times and have been able to have purchased items sent to my French address.

Please can you tell me how to add my UK debit card at my French address.

Many thanks 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

SkyForce6
Contributor
Contributor

The name and address of your PayPal account must match the name and address on file with your Card. You can have more then one address connected to your PayPal account. You can add another address here:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-address

When you click the Add Address button you will be given the option to check what credit card to associate with that new address.

Login to Me Too

Talullah
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there

Thanks for replying to my query. Unfortunately, as I explained in my original query, my UK bank account is currently registered at my  French address, where I live  - the link you posted directs me to a form to add an address, but it only allows for a UK address. It won't let me add a French one. 

I am due to move back to the UK this year so I don't want to have to link my French bank account to my PayPal account for maybe a month or so.  Until I move back to the UK, can I operate my PayPal account without an associated card?  At present, I will only need it to receive money, then transfer it to my UK account.

Many thanks 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.