PayPal-Apps.com will be permanently unavailable starting December 1, 2017.

MTS_Ciaran

PayPal-Apps.com will be permanently unavailable starting December 1, 2017. We will review all Adaptive products applications submitted prior to December 1, 2017 according to the existing approval process.

If an application has been submitted and you need to check the status, please contact your Account Manager. If you are unsure who your Account Manger is, please Contact Us.

We are working on an improved solution for our Adaptive Payments customers in 2018. Check the MTS community page for updates.

• All other applications can be created on Developer.PayPal.com
  • You can learn more about PayPal For MarketPlaces to see if it fits your needs. A new alternative product will be available to Adaptive users in 2018. Please check back for more info. 

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

jaff89
Contributor
Contributor

Post Dec 1, How we will be accessible existing approved APP ID's ? will those be available under developer.paypal.com if we wish to retire or create new?

T

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Hey, Existing Adaptive Apps will not be available through the developer.paypal.com dashboard. 

If you wish to retire an app you can do so via our tech. Support team, either here or via ticket. New app creation for Adaptive will not be available Post December 1st 2017. 

Login to Me Too

filipporonco
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ciaran,

your collegue on twitter told me today that Adaptive Payments "due to changes in the law (adaptive payments) cannot be used passed 13.1.2018". This is very very urgent to us to understand in a very clear way this point: really, passed Jan 13td 2018 live adaptive applications will fall in a complete disruption?

I've asked many times to your support team and they always have answered that there will never be a total disruption before all live applications can safely migrate to other alternative tools/solutions. You too have talked about alternatives that will be released in 2018 for live applications but if the "cannot be used passed 12.1.2018" should be real, we have to expect a solution or alternative by Paypal before that date?

Very few days, anyway, to try, test, and implement a completely new integration for all those live applications, like us, who completely rely on adaptive payments.

Hope there will be some "tolerance" period just to let people and businesses to find alternatives.

Looking forward for an answer on this.

Cheers, Filippo

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Hey,

There is no plan to stop supporting Adaptive Payments in the near future so if you're using it today there is no issue with you using this into the future, we will not be closing AP off for existing merchants at this time.  Can you please PM me the twitter post you received as I believe there is a bit of confusion on our side as to what was being asked perhaps. 

/Ciarán

Login to Me Too

filipporonco
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

this is the link of the public tweet where paypal_MTS has sentenced what I've reported above:
/t5/Adaptive-Payments-Accounts/PayPal-Apps-com-will-be-permanently-unavailable-starting/m-p/1363280#M127

So, you confirm me, there are no plans to stop support or switch off adaptive payments starting from Jan 13 2018 ?

Many thanks.

Filippo

Login to Me Too

filipporonco
Contributor
Contributor

Apologize, this is the right link to that tweet:
http://bit.ly/2iA5r8U

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Right, I just discussed with our social guys and they've issued a correction on this. 

Login to Me Too

filipporonco
Contributor
Contributor

Seen, great.
But, I'd llike to go deeper in this since you're so kindly reactive.

I just need to understand if we have to actively start from now to find alternatives to our live integration with paypal adaptives (preapprovals + chained) or we can still consider safe and "long term" the support to live applications based on adaptive payments in the next years. In other words, is it a time limited support and soon or later we must be prepared because it will definitively be switched off or it will be can continue concentrating on developing our business instead that finding payments alternatives? 

I apologize if I insist on this clarification but having all our past 5 years and our architecture completely built on those apis this is quite important for us to understand the situation.

Thanks a lot.

Fil.

Login to Me Too

MTS_Ciaran

Apologies for the delay @filipporonco

So, you're OK to continue using this product, long term plan is ultimately to replace Adaptive Payments, but there is no plan in place to action that. So to answers question specifically, you don't need to start looking at alternatives just yet. However as we get new products out, it's always worth while reassessing your integration to ensure you have the latest and greatest that would fit your needs. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.