Why Verify? makes no sense

navigator
Contributor
Contributor
I have used paypal for YEARS. I have always resisted the verification process. I have now reached my spending limit and can't complete an ebay transaction because I need to verify. According to this site (paypal) the reason to verify is to appear more trustworthy to whomever I am doing business with and for Paypal to be more sure that the person using their paypal account is truly the same person that set the account up. Well, it must be 10 yrs later and I've never had a problem transacting with an UN verified account. And, I think by now Paypal should be comfy with the fact that it is me and no one else using my account.. I don't get it.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Outpatient
New Community Member

I agree. Something doesn't seam right about this requirement. I won't let them have access to my bank account. 

It's too bad since I have been using Paypal for years. 

Login to Me Too

Hate4them
Contributor
Contributor

I am unable to add a credit card because I am not verified, even though Paypal has my bank account information already.  This is another example of a company with an annoying policy, which in the end, will most likely never prevent or stop fraud, it only frustrates its customers and will now force me to use another payment option and it won't be paypal. 

Login to Me Too

jja-jim
Contributor
Contributor

I agree.  I have exactly the same problem.  The only bad thing is that now I have to contact the sellers on ebay and then buy from them direct which of course cuts out both Paypal & ebay.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.