Corporation will not allow verification; am I dead in the water?

MachineMonkey
Contributor
Contributor

I have a PayPal account for online purchase I use on behalf of my employer.  The card itself draws on the account of a huge corporation.  Said corporation will, under no circumstances, share routing or account details with PayPal.  

I've hit the wall named "spending limit".  This value is not being reset.  Ever.

My intended purchases through PayPal would be somewhere in the neighborhood of $1k/month.  I'm not about to 'float' the company said capital.

Is there any path to making PayPal work for me, or must I just forego all those juicy auctions accepting only PayPal for payments.

Thanks for your time,

MachineMonkey

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Unfortunately you're stuck.  Not much of anything can be done as PayPal has their policies and your employer has their policies.   PayPal is simply not a one size fits all solution.

Regards,

skier

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Unfortunately you're stuck.  Not much of anything can be done as PayPal has their policies and your employer has their policies.   PayPal is simply not a one size fits all solution.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

MachineMonkey
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, Skier.

I pretty much knew that, but wanted to be certain.

Thanks for the response.

K

Login to Me Too

aeallison
Contributor
Contributor

Well this has indeed answered my very same question. All of my anger and frustration aside, why must paypal require verification with my bank when I have two perfectly good credit cards attached to my account to draw funds from in the event I do not have the funds available in my paypal account? I might add that I also have a merchant account with paypal and I can accept payments from my customers, I just cannot spend my money that is in my account! I think that this is kind of anti-commerce and it will bite them in the a** as the money builds up they pay me interest that is also compounding, the more money that enters my account the more they must eventually pay me. I really think they are cutting off their nose to spite their face. LMAO

Login to Me Too

MikeEastOne1
Contributor
Contributor
Actually, you can add any other credit, debit, or gift card with the same address to get that address validated. Heads Up! Another method would be to fund a valided personal account with the Corporate Card. e
Login to Me Too

Sanin
Contributor
Contributor

It's not a matter of address verification. That works fine. This is a question of being "confirmed", which you can only do by giving them your full bank info OR (SURPRISE!!!) by getting a new credit card from PayPal -- you know, because ALL other credit card issuers are not to be "trusted", only PayPal credit card really "confirms" you -- PayPal support peron's words.

Unless you are confirmed you can't spend more than 10K over your lifetime. I hit that ceiling after 10 years here and how I can't use PayPal anymore because I refused to play their "confirmation" game. Even the website says at one page that you "spending limit" resets every month or something like that, but in reality it does not.

They WANT your bank info OR they want to stick you with a new credit card. Bull$H!t!

Login to Me Too

jaci

I agree.  Another credit card does not help.  I had two.  They used the balance on your PayPay purchases.  They only want your bank info or for you to get THEIR credit card.  Also, beware, if you call, they are not in the US.  Do you want to give your banking info to someone overseas.  I asked when I called.  I was not talking to someone in the US.  Complain to eBay.  They won't want to lose business.  I guess alot of people are just now hitting their credit limits.

Login to Me Too

bonsaipark
Contributor
Contributor

Just hit mine.  It looks like these jokers are trying to extort my bank information out of me, and they'll never get it.

Cancelling both PayPal and eBay accounts tomorrow.

Scam, scam, scam!!!!

Login to Me Too

yeahright1
New Community Member

I agree with the scam part, it is the beginning of the one world paypal financial system... do not give it to them... REVOLT! lol... sadly I may not be wrong... sigh*

Login to Me Too

thomasgregg
New Community Member

I agree with you. I am not about to give paypal, ebay, access to my bank checking account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.