New User

FallenOak12
Contributor
Contributor

This is my first time using a PayPal. I had opened with a transfer from my checking account into a PayPal account. This is Pending. I thought to transfer some of this to my daughter overseas, leaving a small balance(which is also pending), but it drew again from my checking instead. How do i stop all the direct draws from my checking?

Thank You.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Andy

FallenOak12- I'm sorry for the trouble that this has caused you.  Here's the reason why your payment wound up pulling from your bank.  If you've added funds from your bank account, they have to be available in your PayPal balance before you can use them.  If it's still in a 'pending' status, then the money hadn't arrived yet.  It usually takes about 3-5 business days for the money to arrive in PayPal.

Because that money hadn't arrived yet and you initiated a 'payment' to your daughter, our system had no choice but to pull that money from your bank since it had nothing else to fall back on.  Going forward, I would recommend either just sending her the payment (not adding a balance first), or adding a credit card to your PayPal account.  This should enable you an 'Instant Transfer' where PayPal makes the payment for you, then we wait to get reimbursed from your bank in 3-5 business days.

Hope that clears up some confusion.

Andy

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

dw_sage

your best bet is to stop using paypal altogether and use your bank's email money transfer option.  My bank allows me to email money to anyone for $1.50.    I would much rather pay the $1.50 and get it transfered overnight instead of waiting for paypal to do their processing time, during which time your daughter could have run out of money and starved and resorted to begging and stealing.

Login to Me Too

FallenOak12
Contributor
Contributor

@dw_sage wrote:

your best bet is to stop using paypal altogether and use your bank's email money transfer option.  My bank allows me to email money to anyone for $1.50.    I would much rather pay the $1.50 and get it transfered overnight instead of waiting for paypal to do their processing time, during which time your daughter could have run out of money and starved and resorted to begging and stealing.

Hi! When I first read your reply I laughed a little-but reading further, I am getting a little worried. You are the only feedback I have gotten so far-and the many unresolved issues are alarming. According to the many compaints this is the WORST CASE SCENARIO:  1) A hold on the echeck sent to my daughter-and apparently, a reliable back-up is not a consideration. 2) I am on a fixed income-and another attempt to send money incurs an additional draw in my checking acct. 3) My initial deposit to my PayPal goes into limbo and am unable to complete my ebay purchase 4) The PayPal reloadable card is rejected as an instant remedy-and more money out of pocket  5) no timely remedy or recourse.  If any one of these things happen, I will not make my bills this month.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Andy

FallenOak12- I'm sorry for the trouble that this has caused you.  Here's the reason why your payment wound up pulling from your bank.  If you've added funds from your bank account, they have to be available in your PayPal balance before you can use them.  If it's still in a 'pending' status, then the money hadn't arrived yet.  It usually takes about 3-5 business days for the money to arrive in PayPal.

Because that money hadn't arrived yet and you initiated a 'payment' to your daughter, our system had no choice but to pull that money from your bank since it had nothing else to fall back on.  Going forward, I would recommend either just sending her the payment (not adding a balance first), or adding a credit card to your PayPal account.  This should enable you an 'Instant Transfer' where PayPal makes the payment for you, then we wait to get reimbursed from your bank in 3-5 business days.

Hope that clears up some confusion.

Andy

Login to Me Too

FallenOak12
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You for your help! Panic had set in at first, as the response time was immediate and  made up exclusively of unhappy users for several days. The informational vids helped also. On SSI, I have a very small financial margin of error. Your help is very much appreciated, thanx again! 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.