I need your help and advice on my visa debt card on file

sliderinwa
Contributor
Contributor

Folks, I am trying to change the Visa Debt card account from what it is to my new card. Where I attempt this it comes up with a statement that I can not cancel my back up funding until my transactions has cleared. But I have zero transaction in progess. Everything is paid. What do I do next? Please advise me right away. Thank you for your time.

Ken

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

intheratrace
New Community Member

I just did this and stepped around the problem. First, add your new card, you might have to go through the confirmation process before it allows you to do the rest, but I had my card on my account for awhile. Once that's complete, make your new card the primary backup on your account. After that, you should be able to remove the old one. 

I think this is due to confirming accounts using a credit card. If you remove the only one, or don't have another primary, your account would technically be unconfirmed after that. So, you have to go through the steps with a new one. Try setting the new one as primary and see if it lets you remove the old one afterward.

Good luck!

Cheers!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.