andriod app sighn in problems

wanderingmike
Contributor
Contributor

I have a samsung galaxy mini, and have been using the app for some time with no problem.

then i updated the other day through google play and now every time i log in the app shuts down. sometimes it lets me view recent activity, and it also sends notifycations to my handset but if i try to view wallet or chang settings it comes up with a message saying its stopped unexpectedly and to force close or report. I log in using email ang password. tried to use moblie number and create pin but again it shut down.

Access via my pc is no problem.

what is going on? i wish i never up dated as it was working fine and was much quicker before. I need to find something to shout at! AAAARGH!

NB: i also updated ebay at the same time and now the app only displays the first three lines of the buyers adress and the last bit (country of residence) when im trying to access postage details and im having to rely on email notifycation for full adress.

GRRRR! im going back to living in the forest with squirrels!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Sophie

Hi wanderingmike,

Welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with the app. We are aware of this, and I can assure you that we working to resolve it as a priority.

In the meantime, you can try uninstalling and re-installing the app. Thanks for your patience with this!

Sophie

Login to Me Too

wanderingmike
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for response.

Had already tried re-installing app but no joy.

How Will i know when the problem has been fixed? will i be notified ?

What is the average time frame for fixing problems like this? as not being able to access my account via my mobile is a real hassle.

Thanks.

Mike

Login to Me Too

wanderingmike
Contributor
Contributor

Still cant access all of my account from my andriod phone. wondering why i have recieved no more help from paypal when i was told it was to be dealt with as a priority.

This is a joke,  I've only had this problem since updating a few weeks back. At the same time i updated my ebay app and that developed a fault (which others experienced) and  which they sorted within a week, so why am i still waiting for paypal to get their act together.

however they still take my money everytime something goes into my account.

Does anybody know how to download the old version of the app as it seems to me that is the only solution at the moment.

Thanks. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi wanderingmike,

I'm sorry about the delay in responding to you, and that you're still experiencing these issues 😞

At this time, I'm not aware of any issues with the Android app, as we have not received feedback from any customers experiencing the same issues you have described. As a result, you may need to check what version of Android your phone currently uses.

The updated version of the app only works with Android 2.2 and up. You may need to update your software if necessary, and try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Please let us know if this resolves the issue for you.

Thanks,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

wanderingmike
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have android 2.2 so my phone should be up to it. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and have had no joy. I have currently uninsalled the app as its of no use to me since it doest work.

could you please advise me on how to get the old version back as i had no problems with that version.

thanks.

Mike. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.