Paypal Hacked Accounts

ragnazorg
New Community Member
Ive been getting orders in my website (hosting services) and ive been getting chargebacks. I have maxmind installed but still getting disputes saying they didnt authorize the payment. Can someone tell me if there is a spoof or leaked pw database because its been getting so annoying, especially for us entrepreneurs.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sophie

Hi ragnazorg,

Welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear about the recent chargebacks you've been experiencing.

Every buyer using a card to complete a purchase may be able to have the payment reversed by their card issuer. This is a standard risk when taking payments for goods. However, there are ways you can reduce the risk and protect yourself as a seller.

Here are a few tips:

• Describe your item or service in as great detail and as precisely as possible
  • Offer your customer good service by answering all his questions promptly
  • Send your item only to the shipping address of the buyer that is shown on the ‘Transaction Details’ page
  • Send your item in such a manner that your shipment can be tracked online
  • Keep all information and documents concerning your sales (for example proof of shipment)
  • If your buyer does contact you about a problem, ask them to open a dispute in the PayPal Resolution Center instead of contacting their card issuer.

If your buyers have opened claims with PayPal, they won't be covered by our Buyer Protection, as you have provided a service to them. You can respond to PayPal claims from your Resolution Centre if you'd like to provide us with more information regarding this. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.