account limit problems

gid1
Contributor
Contributor

I only buy stuff with paypal.  I never need them to receive money.  I have now been informed that they have limited my account, and they want details of my bank account to increase or reset this limit.  I am unwilling to give them details of my bank account.  They already have details of my credit card (Which makes me nervous) but I can't see how to unblock or increase the amount that I can spend on Paypal without giving them more personal information about my financial details.  How can I get them to remove the limit on my account without giving them more of my personal details?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi gid1,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

From your description it sounds like we want you to verify your PayPal account. That makes using it safer and it will give sellers more confidence in accepting payments from you.

Most people in the UK verify a bank account and that is why it is mentioned but you can also confirm a card on your account to complete verification.

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click Wallet at the top of the page.
  3. Click the card you want to confirm. (You'll only have the option to confirm cards with a 'Confirm' banner.)
  4. Click OK.

When you click ‘OK’, we'll charge your card £1. This will 'link' your card. We'll refund the money into your PayPal account within 24 hours of you confirming your card.

Check your card statement within 2-3 working days and find the randomly generated 4-digit PayPal code beside (or near) the £1 charge. The code will be printed between the words 'PAYPAL' and 'CODE'. (e.g. PAYPAL* 1234 CODE). If your online card statement shows pending transactions you may be able to see the code within minutes. If you can't check your statement online, you can wait for your next paper statement or contact your bank.

Once you've retrieved the necessary information from your card statement you can confirm your card by following these steps:

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click Wallet at the top of the page.
  3. Click the card that you're ready to confirm.
  4. Enter the information and click Confirm.

This will verify your PayPal account.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.