Selling car on irish website donedeal.ie

Nezurak
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i was talking with this guy throw emails that he will buy the car throw paypal and that will send his agent to pick up the car and he wants me to pay 800 euros for his agent but the money will refunded to my paypal account afterwords. That's the email i received:

i just completed the transfer and you would have received confirmation from PayPal..
So i want you to send me the address where the pick up would be made and i made
an additional payment of 800eur for the Shipping Agent Pick Up Fee and i
am sure you noticed that, according to paypal's policy you'll have to send the
extra amount to the Shipping Company Headquarters through Western Union
right away and then send the Western Union Money
Transfer Information to PayPal for verification, so the transaction can be
finalized... Here is the info you need to send the fee to the Shipping Agent
through Western Union...

I am sure you have all my name and address for all documentations regarding the
item, and all other documentations should be prepared by my Pick Up
Agent. I will advice you to check your inbox or spam/junk folder for the paypal
confirmation email in one of these folders..

It's Nice Doing Business With You.

Before i came on paypal forum to see about those scams i send him my paypal email account my name and telephone number. Just want to know will i have some trobule's after sending him my details? Cheers

[Post edited to remove all links and personal information to comply with Community Forum guidelines]

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Sophie

Hi Nezurak,

Welcome to the Community Forum! I have edited your post to remove all links and personal information, in accordance with our Forum guidelines 🙂

It sounds like the email you have received did not come from PayPal. We will never ask you to send money in order to have a payment released to you. We also don't work with any other payment providers like Western Union, and we don't currently offer any Buyer or Seller Protection for vehicles sold through PayPal. If you are selling a large item like a car, we recommend meeting any potential buyers face to face.

I'd advise you not to send any money to this person. If you're waiting to receive a payment, you can log into your PayPal to account to see if any money has been sent to you. If there's no money on your balance, you haven't received a payment.

This person should not be able to access your PayPal account with just your PayPal email, but we'd still recommend changing your password and security questions, as a precaution. If you receive any further communication regarding this stating that it comes from PayPal, please forward the emails to spoof@paypal.com so we have a record of this. I hope this information helps.

Thanks,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Nezurak
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Sophie and sorry about the links and personal information that i posted in.

Login to Me Too

Nezurak
Contributor
Contributor

Hey just want to ask cause i received another email in my junk box. Thats defently not email from Paypal is it? Thanks again.

***********************************************************************************************

24 Sept 2013
Transaction ID: 4GD6072127779652H

Rick Parker sent you €2,400.00 EUR

Dear Lukasz Matuszak,

Just thought you'd like to know Rick Parker sent you €2,400.00 EUR

Note from Rick Parker:

I have paid for the item as we have agreed. Cheers.

Once the money's there you can:
Spend the money online at thousands of shops that accept PayPal.
Transfer it to your bank account.
Transfer the money to a credit card.

Payment Details

Amount:€1,600.00 EUR

Freight Charges:
Taxes and Insurance:
Total:

€800.00 EUR
---
€2,400.00 EUR

Transaction:4GD6072127779652H

Quantity:1

Title:car- Purchase

The above sum has included the transport charges and taxes as we and the Transport Company quoted for the buyer, You will receive another message from us informing you on how to claim your money,and how to send the Transport fares and taxes to the transport company.

Courier Details ;

Name :
Address:
City:
State :
Postal Code:

Yours sincerely,
PayPal

Please reply to this email because we are monitoring this inbox.

Copyright © 2013 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.
Société en Commandite par Actions
Registered office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxemburg
RCS Luxemburg B 118 349

PayPal Email ID PP1547

*****************************************************************************************************

Login to Me Too

kanee
Contributor
Contributor

I also recieved an email regardin some person trying to buy my car on adverts.ie . It has the same transaction code aswell so it is definiately dodgy. 

***************************************************************************************************************

Payment Details

Amount: €500.00 EUR
Freight Charges:
Taxes and Insurance:
Total:

€300.00 EUR
---
€800.00 EUR
Transaction: 4GD6072127779652H
Quantity: 1
Title: MG ZR

The above sum has included the transport charges and taxes as we and the Transport Company quoted for the buyer, You will receive another message from us informing you on how to claim your money,and how to send the Transport fares and taxes to the transport company.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.