Scams

Lianne82
New Community Member
I've just received a text asking if my car still for sale from a Selena Anderson saying she would take car pay through PayPal but is sending a courier as is deaf and in a wheelchair instantly knew this was a scam! If anyone receives a message from this fool don't reply it is a SCAM!! They want locking up scumbags
Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lianne82

This scam has been ongoing for years and all over this forum and the internet, glad you were not caught out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Iohan
Contributor
Contributor

That happened and with me right today. Selena Anderson. She told me same story. Wellchair, her cousin and more. I don't know who is she and what she want.Someting isn't clear there.

@Lianne82 wrote:
I've just received a text asking if my car still for sale from a Selena Anderson saying she would take car pay through PayPal but is sending a courier as is deaf and in a wheelchair instantly knew this was a scam! If anyone receives a message from this fool don't reply it is a SCAM!! They want locking up scumbags

Login to Me Too

Lucyb3045
Contributor
Contributor
Literally just had the same thing happen to me, it was a woman named Sylvie Rosanwo from an email address redcrosslove01atgmaildotcom first was sent a dodgy text with no number. Luckily clicked that it was a scam.
Login to Me Too

Pearcey19
New Community Member
Just happened to me this morning, first a text then emails from Sylvie Rosanwo redcrosslover01 at gmail.com. Offering to pay via PayPal and have item collected by courier as she has hearing loss and in a wheelchair and it’s for her cousin. I nearly got caught by this, I had replied and everything! Luckily googled her babe and found this scam thread - thank you so much for posting. Was a lot of money!! 😱
Login to Me Too

Lucyb3045
Contributor
Contributor

Glad that I've helped someone! I so nearly fell for it myself aha! Exact same thing as you've just said!

Login to Me Too

rzprox
New Community Member

Thank you very much mate. She tried to scam me too. Creers for the warning!

Login to Me Too

esmilgess7
New Community Member

Exact same thing happened to me this morning with the same user and email, **bleep** them.

Login to Me Too

Ouisasqueezer

Good job I did a quick google of Sylvie Rosanwo!  Exact same message: 

Great! please consider it sold as i am willing to pay your full asking price because i need to buy it for my cousin asap, i have read through the advert and i'm totally satisfied with it,sadly i would not be able to come personally to collect due to my hearing loss and me being on wheelchair. I would appreciate if you email me with more photos (if available) since i'm unable to see it in person. I have a courier agent that would help me to pick it up at your preferred location after you have received your money and i'll pay you via PayPal today. 
Where is the pick up location so that i can inform the courier agent about it now?
Login to Me Too

Lucyb3045
Contributor
Contributor

That is word for what she sent me! Glad you found this forum haha!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.