Scam

timbotimbo2410
Contributor
Contributor

How do I report a scam email who is reporting that they have problems with their delivery agent and to send money via Western Union etc etc etc ... I have their email address if it helps ...

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

timbotimbo2410
Contributor
Contributor

I have also been sent two paypal transcation confirmations that are bogus ...

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

This is a well known and common scam.

Pointless reporting it to paypal as the transaction is not done via paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

timbotimbo2410
Contributor
Contributor

haha I'm actually getting threatened with legal action by the same guy now. He's got a header of the Metrepolitan Police on the email ... here is the email content:

Dear  PayPal User,

It is important we know the status of the item bought otherwise, Legal Action may be taken against you since you have not replied to the confirmation of payment made to your account by our client "Mark Smith" via PayPal. We request for the detail and the Western Union transfer details to prove shipping agent fees of the "Ebay item" in less than 48hours  and we will fund the money into your account or face the consequences of LEGAL ACTION.

We believed you entered into agreement by requesting money through PayPal, and by non response to the payment confirmation made to your account you have violate PayPal agreement. However the buyer has already contacted us in other to make report about your non response. We are ensuring to make PayPal a safer place, therefore we need to set confidence on our users. 

Agent's Info: Name:Urieto Johnson Ose
Address:12 Ring Road Ibadan,
Oyo state,
Nigeria.

Therefore, if your Money is credit into your Account before the pick up fees of the item, that means the item will not be deliver to the Buyer. you will be reported to the  Metropolitan Federal Police Authority by PayPal and your contact address with the classified site and PayPal will be forwarded From IC3 we give you 48hours to provide the Shipping agent fees to the Name and Address given to you by your buyer, and also send the MTCN Number  immediately to us to verify the transfer. Immediately we confirm the transfer details.You will receive a confirmation e-mail that your account has been credited.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

LOL Metropolitan Federal police authority.    Smiley Very Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

blanche1
New Community Member

I had one very much like that however, it was the FBI

Proper spelling and grammar tipped me off.

So I called paypal and asked about the conformation email they said it was a fake and I should send them the information.

However, I have had this happen at least 6 times since then. You would think that paypal would be revamping security measures.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

How can paypal stop someone emailing you? It isn't done via paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.