Scam

Lauratea1989
Contributor
Contributor
Got same scam yesterday from gumtree buyer of a snooker table I was selling from a guy called Mike Kay same messages in a wheelchair and deaf don't fall for this asking you to send money to them it's a big scam also after I new it was a scam i relisted my item and sure enough with in an hour I got another message from a women called sue same thing wheelchair and deaf don't fall for it all a big scam gumtree needs to look into thins and get this stopped because I bet theirs a few people fell for this scam
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lauratea1989

The scam has been ongoing for years and affects nearly every site where you get folks selling items.

None of the sites can stop it as none of the scam is done ON the site, they use spoof emails pretending to be from the site OR paypal to coerce you to paying them normally via western union or moneygram for a pretend courier before your so called payment is released.

No one can stop them as they are normally in eg Africa or somewhere.

All a buyer has to remember is  >>>

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.