Is this a scam?

vichet
Contributor
Contributor

Since the beginning of May now I've been getting emails from paypal about updating/verifying my account because of "recent policy updates". It sends every couple of days or even up to three times a day. I have a specific folder that emails only from paypal and ebay will get sent to directly based on just one email address from each of them and these emails make it into that folder automatically. So here's my issue: The email sent today said my account will be closed within 24 hours if I do not do it immediately. So I clicked on the link and google right away detected it as a phishing scam. The thing about this is that the email address that has been sending me all of these emails is the EXACT same as the paypal email address that I saved to that folder as well as the same as every single purchase reciept I receive: "service @ intl.paypal. com". Also, the link from that email lead me to the website "htt p://paypal .support- teamss.com". So now I'm just confused If it's legit or not, and if not how is it the exact same email address? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When i get a receipt from paypal it is

service   @paypal.co.uk which is not the same as yours.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

vichet
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe it's a difference in area. I live in Canada. In August 2011 my reciepts would come from the same email but without the .intl part. But in November 2011 it changed to the one with the .intl and it's been the same ever since. I'm just confused how a scam could come from the same exact email

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Well maybe it would best to post on the Canadian board and not the UK board as countries as you said do differ.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.