How to stop automatic login

jineu21
Contributor
Contributor

Currently, I can log in just by clicking the login button (ID and password saved on site), and make a payment without any further security procedure. This is very unsafe, in case my computer is stolen, anyone will be able to make payments from it. How do I stop this and add at least one security step (enter password, payment code, etc) before the final payment?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jineu21

Not sure what browser you are using so it may be a bit different but i go to top right of your browser top of page > options / settings > privacy / security > forms and passwords > leave the tick next to remember passwords on log in and click EXCEPTIONS next to it > then add Paypal as a site you don't want your password saved on.

You may need to clear history afterwards for it to have an effect.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jineu21

Not sure what browser you are using so it may be a bit different but i go to top right of your browser top of page > options / settings > privacy / security > forms and passwords > leave the tick next to remember passwords on log in and click EXCEPTIONS next to it > then add Paypal as a site you don't want your password saved on.

You may need to clear history afterwards for it to have an effect.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jineu21
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the tip. Come to think of it, I think I was able to make the payment without a further security step because the payee was already registered. If it is a new payee, I believe there is a further step. Thanks. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.