Hacked Paypal account -.-

Arcee
New Community Member

I got email this morning saying that  a transaction was decline, did make me perk a eyebrow as havnt use paypal in over a year, check history said my last log in date was 2 aug?

Thankfully all my up to date cards never added, but i remove only card link to this account, even thought no longer works i feel paypal can't be as secure as it say it is knowing someone else try to use my account to frud me out of money.

If someone who work for paypal could look into this, as not able change password due to card link to my account no longer aviable and knowing this i know will not be able to use this account anymore if someone else already hack into it. 

Glad no money was taken, but has put me off wanting to use pyapal if it that easy to hack someone account.

Update:

I've remove the old card now, going try change my pass again. wish had option were can report your account has been hacked. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Doubt the email was from paypal.

How did it address you??

Dear (and your full name) or Dear Customer / Member etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Typhus_Smallpox
New Community Member

I got a call from my bank today. Seems someone used my PayPal  account  to try and make purchases  in London, Louisiana, and California. Being as how I'm in Delaware  there was no way it was me.  Nobody else has access to my account. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.