Can't Add Card to One Account, Locked out of the other!!

jrw1399
New Community Member

So a few years ago i had a paypal account which was used once or twice at most! This week i have been attempting to set up a paypal account as i need it for something. So i created my new account but can not add my card to the account as it is already on too many accounts. The problem is i cannot remember my old password and there is (contradictory to the paypal website) no option to reset a password via email but only by text or call, however i have since changed my phone and my number so literally have no way of using paypal. Absolutely baffled as to why there is no option to reset password via email, surely many people change their numbers? Please can someone at paypal or in the community help me as i can literally not do my job without this working for me!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jrw1399

Give customer services a call and they should be able to remove your card from your old account or help you recover that account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.