eBay Listing Problem

Lolita1961lola
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I`m new to eBay and I cannot list more than 1 item, But it says if I will verify my PayPal account, I will get unlimited listing. But my PayPal is verified, But I cannot list more than 1 item. Why does it happen?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you have to ask Ebay

Login to Me Too

Lolita1961lola
Contributor
Contributor

@sumiko wrote:

you have to ask Ebay

And how do I do that?

Login to Me Too

ArgenisGonzalez
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lolita1961Lola,

In order to have a verified PayPal account you need to have a credit card or bank account linked to your account, a debit card linked to your account, confirm your email address & confirm your Social Security umber along with your phone number. As for eBay, when you put an item up to sell, it tell you how much you can list monthly whether its 15 item per month or $500 per month which ever comes first. You can possibly have a low selling limit per month. This is a common practice to ensure that eBay community is safe & secure. Also, keep in mind that once your first item sells, your funds will be on a hold in your PayPal account until you upload tracking & PayPal sees the item is delivered. Once its delivered, they will give it 3 days for the buyer to inspect it & be satisfied, after 3 days PayPal will release the funds into your PayPal account. IF it does not get released then, simply give PayPal a call so they can do it manually. Also, if you do not ship with tracking then, PayPal will keep the funds on hold for about 21 days. As for your eBay selling limits, eBay can increase this but, i doubt that they will just increase it for you until you have sold your first item & they see that everything went well. IF you sell your first item & it goes well then, give eBay a call at (866)-540-3229 & a selling teammate will look into it & will possibly double your selling limits. So lets say your allowed only 15 items & $500 per month which ever comes first. They can double that to 30 items & $1000 per month which ever comes first. Keep in mind though that IF your PayPal verified by providing follwing the steps i mentioned previously, that does not mean that your verified on eBay meaning once you call, they will ask you 5 questions based on your real government information that they will pull up in the government system. Now, if you fail to answer these questions correctly then, they will suspend you off eBay & wont allowed you to use their site for selling anymore & that goes for buying as well. Just answer them honestly & truthfully & you should be fine. I hope i helped clarify this up for you & as always Welcome To eBay! (Please make sure to have all reciepts for all your items as in the future they will ask for them) Have a good one! ~AG.

Login to Me Too

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Lolita1961lola  First, read @ArgenisGonzalez 's reply and make sure you have the credit card, bank account, etc.  Now, as for the eBay portion please note that new Sellers often have limits put on their accounts.  You are most likely on the Everyday Rate plan meaning the most you will get is 50 Free Insertion Fees per month.  If you go over that each additional listing costs 30 cents.  However, you may find that you are only allowed to list say 10 items AND have a dollar cap for the total amount of your listings.  For example, say your dollar limit is $ 250.00 and you list one item for $ 250.00 ... well, you are done until that item ends.  Or you could list 10 items at $ 25 each and again, you are done for that month until the items end.  If they all sell great.

The other thing to be aware of is even when you sell an item eBay - PayPal will hold your funds for up to 21 days.  Ebay likes to see new sellers gain expereince AND establish a good reputation before the raise selling limits.  Hope that helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.