Not honoring warranty - bestdeal1961

rolarn14
Contributor
Contributor

In October of 2014 I purchased a lifetime subscription satellite radio unit from bestdeal1961. What was really attactive about the purchase was the seller offered a lifetime warranty of the subscription. If anything went wrong, seller pays return shipping and sends you a new unit. Amazing that the seller would guarantee that. It was a no brainer to buy it. So now, exactly 3 years later, my unit subscription has ended. I message the seller who is still selling the same products from 3 years ago which made me feel relieved. He makes me jump through hoops to locate my purchase in his system (SID #, date of transaction, unit type), some things I had available but i had to really dig to find the exact date. Then he says he will mail a shipping label. He is in Chino, Calafornia. I am just outside of New York City. We are in the year 2017. Why can't he email me the label? He says because ebay won't allow him too. So whatever. A screen shot on the phone would've worked too. I wait exactly 7 business days and I still receive no shipping label in the mail. So I ask him for his address so I can ship it. He provides the info and I ship it. To this day I still have not received his label in the mail. After about 4 business days, my dead unit makes it to Chino, CA. But it was shipped to a residential address and he was not home, so UPS brought it to an AccessPoint which is the UPS Store 2.5 miles from his house. I sent him the tracking number and asked him to please pick it up. This is when all communication stopped. So now I am satellite radio-less. I mostly made this purchase for the lifetime warranty on the product and now I am with nothing. I read some other threads and forums.  I know ebay and Paypal can't do anything. I just want to know if there is anything realistic or logical I can do. Also unfortunately, if I wanted to buy another one, this is the only guy that sells them.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

ebay allows you to file a dispute of item not as described in 30 days,paypal and credit card 180 days.

your warranty is with the seller,if it sounds toogood to be true,then it is indeed too good to be true.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.