eBay Item not as described seller refuses to give refund!

KatAdorn
New Community Member

I recently purchased an iPhone 5 off of ebay (Mistake one)

and I received the phone yesterday I knew the phone had a bad esn BUT there were a few things the seller didn't tell me about like: the power button being broken(i had to plug it up just to power it on) the vol buttons are also broken, and the phone carrier ISN't sprint:[ After realizing that there was nothing I could do with the phone I contacted the seller and he is being very rude and mean (like he's the one out of hundreds of dollars) so I opened a case(Mistake TWO)... He didn't like that I told him i would return the item(s) for a full refund but the seller doesn't want to do so! My question is:IF eBay decides to sides with him is there ANYTHING PayPal can do? the transaction was made with PP but I'm not sure.

PLEASE help any advice is GOOD advice at this point

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi KatAdorn

If ebay do side with the seller ppal cant do anything as there would have already been a case with ebay. although saying that someone on here told me I was wrong the other day as it happened to them

Failing that if you paid by ccard you could ask your card issuer/bank if they could chargeback

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

"If eBay decides to sides with him is there ANYTHING PayPal can do?"

What do you mean if Ebay sides with him.  You will not be able to file a dispute with ebay...this was an OFF ebay transaction.

If you paid via paypal file a SNAD claim with them.  Or if you funded the paypal payment with a credit card chargeback

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.