Where do I stand with the 14 day cooling off period?

ATW86
New Community Member

Hi everyone,

Basically, I bought a mobile phone from someone on Ebay; I did so out of haste and stupidity, and on reflection I no longer want the phone but it's arrived today. I've been told by someone I know that I may have a 14 day "cooling off" period in which I can send it back to the seller and request a full refund, but I wanted to  be sure of this and get confirmation before I ask the seller for my money back, and who better than PayPal themselves?

The item in question arrived today, and I still have not opened it yet. Is it possible to get a full refund from the seller (minus the obvious postage costs) if it hasn't been 14 days, or am I totally barking up the wrong tree?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor
Is the seller a registered business? If so then you may have a right to a refund on return of item. If they are a private seller then you won't. You would need to ask the seller about that though as it's nothing to do with PayPal. PayPal cover you for non receipt of item or item received but not as described and neither of these apply.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.