Error Code #10486

chevalier
New Community Member

I would like to know what is going on, I am trying to pay for an item and it comes with the message that they were not able to process my payment. Error Code #10486

I tried to contact paypal but I haven´t received any answer so far, I have bought on Ebay for 2 years and never had any trouble. My creditcard has credit (I have just checked and I am not even close to my limit).

I hope someone could give me an answer, the seller is waiting for his money

Login to Me Too
97 REPLIES 97

irenek1990
New Community Member

where are the funding sources? please tell me how to solve it. keep getting errors and i want to buy from ebay an item which can be paid only with paypal.

Login to Me Too

Tomaru
New Community Member

I've gotten both this and about 3-4 other error codes during the night, and I don't even have a credit limit on my card. And I know there's enough money on my account.
They told me to contact my bank, you should try that.

Login to Me Too

BlackBolt
New Community Member

It happends to me too. I have no idea. I try changing from the bank account to my debit but still not working.

Login to Me Too

The only sollution i have come up with so far is to skip the paypal stuff and try to pay directly with my debit card, so far i have come to realize that it has to be ebay or paypal because i was able to smoothly pay for my items with just my debit card.

Login to Me Too

Gabriel_Sousa
New Community Member

Brazilian user reporting in, I have the exact same problem here.

So, apparently it has no solution?!?!?!

I'm really **bleep** off!! How I will gain the sellers trust again??

Login to Me Too

HollowDoll
New Community Member

T.T Same thing happened to me..

I woke up this morning to find out I won on a bid. I immediately went to checkout the item and *Poof* the same message showed up. I thought I was the only one experiencing it. I'm glad I'm not the only one or else I'd freak out. I just messaged the seller about what happened. I hope he/she understands.

Login to Me Too

Rddz

Just found about this error. I have to use my credit card because I don't have so much money on my pp account, anyone nows how to repair this? 

Login to Me Too

Chantie
New Community Member

Same here. I have enough money on my card, but still can't pay for the item. What's going on? Cat Frustrated

Login to Me Too

Sabitsuki
New Community Member

Hey guys this may or may not having been said but I was having this problem last night and it was just giving me a headache. This morning I don't know why I didn't see it before but when I was paying with paypal I clicked "funding sources" and switched it from the ATM one to the one that says Visa Network. I can't say what other non-Visa cards might have but after I did that it worked for me perfectly. Payment went through, no problems

Login to Me Too

midnight_rider
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know what to do. Ebay seller is awaiting payment and I can't pay because Paypal is **bleep**ing up. The bank says all is okay with my card and they haven't declined payment as Paypal suggested. So what do I do?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.